- Sweet Potato Mash:
- Six sweet potatoes
- A stick and a half of butter, softened
- Two eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- A little over ¼ cup of real NH maple syrup
- A healthy dose of salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons of bourbon
- 1 cup plus a handful of pecans roughly chopped
- ¼ cup of brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- A dash of cinnamon and nutmeg
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Place sweet potatoes on an aluminum foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and thoroughly prick each potato. Brush each potato with melted butter, salt and pepper. Cook sweet potatoes until soft, roughly 1 hour. Once soft, remove the potatoes and peel away the skin, which should be able to be removed easily in one piece. Mash.
Whisk together the softened butter, egs, milk, vanilla, maple syrup, salt, pepper and bourbon.
Stir the wet ingredients into the sweet potato mash, and spread the mixture into a 9×13 glass or ceramic baking dish.
Mix the ingredients for the crust.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 375 °F for 30 minutes.
NOTE: This dish can be prepared in advance and kept in the refrigerator for a day before baking!